Raleigh Militaria Show

SKIPH

Missed this one due to weather, & road conditions. Did anyone pick up, or see anything really neat. How was the show overall. I hated missing this one. SKIP

When was it? I'd like to make this one sometime, I have a couple projects in Wilson and have been flying into Raleigh a lot lately. When's the next one?

Fritz

I wanted to go to the Raleigh show also but it is 3 hours from here and the roads were not the best.

I went to the S&D gun show in New Bern but it was hardly worth it.

About half the size it normally is.

You guys are really lucky to have an actual Militaria show to go to. Up here in PA we have to settle for Flea Markets and what used to be called Gun Shows are now "Survivalist" or "Citizen's Militia" shows and even at the knife shows "Old" is considered last year's stuff. :( Thank goodness for ebay or I'd be collecting action figures from Toys R Us instead of MK2s.

I was set up with Dan the Krag guy. Really a lot of knives. Robert Wilson (aka Tarbridge) had two boxes of knives; one had a bunch of Mark 1s, Mark 2s, Ka-bars, and other type knives. Saturday was a very good day, crowded from about 9:30 to 1:30, then still a good crowd up till three or so. Sunday was the typical slow day, but the vendors stayed until after 1 pm and pickings were still good. I sold over $500 in militaria, to include a bayonet and bowie knife.

Unfortunately, I did not buy any edged implement; I spent all my money on a really nice Civil War Burnside Carbine.

For future reference, the show is called the Old North State Antique Gun and Military Show, and the next show is 2-3 June. If you come, look for the guy selling Krags (that's Dan) and his minion (that's me).