WW2 USMC Camo Cover

27Division18

27Division18

Can anyone tell me what pattern of WW2 USMC helmet cover this is? When did the Corps start placing the stenciled RGA on the front? Thank you.

post-151543-0-82541000-1515281820.jpg

post-151543-0-23281200-1515281828.jpg

post-151543-0-97765100-1515282027.jpg

Schnicklfritz

The research that many folks here have put forth, in my humble opinion, points to this particular pattern of cover with that EGA stencil is mid to late 1950s. Some folks may disagree, but there is an awesome thread pinned on the helmet forum that discusses the different variations of the USMC helmet cover.

27Division18

Hello. Do you know the year during WW2 when the first pattern began? All stenciled EGAs date to the mid-1950s? Any wartime photos of them being worn, I wonder.

1st Pattern Cover, 1953-1955 EGA Stamp.

Any wartime photos of them being worn, I wonder.

Assuming you're referring to WWII, the answer is "No." If you are referring to the Korean War, the answer is also "No."

Steve

Hello. Do you know the year during WW2 when the first pattern began? All stenciled EGAs date to the mid-1950s? Any wartime photos of them being worn, I wonder.

You'll find photos of the No slit covers in WWII and Korea, the stamps......... not so much.

27Division18

When was the first pattern USMC camo in use?

Assuming you're referring to WWII, the answer is "No." If you are referring to the Korean War, the answer is also "No."

Steve

27Division18

Thanks for the info. My helmet has the first pattern (WW2) camo? What years was this pattern in use, would you say? thanks

But there is little to no photos of Marines with EGAs. I think it was more of a custom that some did just because.

Thanks for the info. My helmet has the first pattern (WW2) camo? What years was this pattern in use, would you say? thanks

From 1943 through Early Vietnam