DLA marked Slant-Pocket Jungle Jacket

Camaro69427

Here's one that has me stumped. A 1970 Jungle Fatigue Jacket, sized X-Large Regular, that uses DLA instead of DSA, on the tag. Even more odd, is the fact that it isn't ripstop. Weird, huh? Anyone know the story behind this one?

post-151816-0-10528500-1515191842_thumb.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Vietnam-War-US-Paratrooper-Rip-Stop-Poplin-Jungle-Jacket-X-Large-Regular/253342954325?hash=item3afc6ab355:g:u1gAAOSwPpZaTDSx

I'm going to say that isn't actual issue having the DLA with a 70 and then a USA marked company with a RN # on the tag. Also make note it even lists a NSN on the size tag which didnt start til I think 1974, prior it was a FSN which lacked the 2 digit country code. Maybe it was a civilian over run sold after the war or perhaps a post war issue item based upon that 70 contract and they just changed the nomenclature to the current type of the time but that RN number is a huge sore thumb to anything issue in my opinion.

My fathers jacket was pre 67 contract and his wasn't ripstop yet the trousers they issued him were a later contract and ripstop.

Schreck (SWI) is as ubiquitous as Atlantco or Rothco or Propper in the commercial aftermarket surplus business. As others noted, the RN# denotes a commercial product.