458 Bomb Group , 754 Bomb Squadron A2 Jacket Patch

8thairforce

I thought it sensible to post photos of this lovely A2 Jacket removed patch here for future reference. I will be offering it up for Sale in the Classified section here . Regards . Jim

post-101904-0-63325500-1515052430_thumb.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I do not think the patch you are showing in your post is real.This looks like an Andrew Butler Old Club Badges reproduction to me.There is to much loose thread on the back of it and not what you normally see on a period original English made patch.I checked with Wailika aka Rick Breithaupt and he concurs that it is a reproduction.Rick was kind enough to send me a scan of his original patch with a normal backing.They also covered many English made squadron insignia with a black leather looking paper material.Rick said when he gets a chance he will show all four squadrons in this groups patches.Do not feel bad if I were to put all the fake squadron insignia have have bought over 38 years a small dump truck would be needed to haul them away.Scotty

img750.jpg

Rick has been kind enough to post all the Squadron insignia of the 458th Bomb Group in his Subforum which is located on the very top of this page.Thank you Rick

I should have said at the very top ofv the Army and USAAF opening page.Scotty

Rick has been kind enough to post all the Squadron insignia of the 458th Bomb Group in his Subforum which is located on the very top of this page.Thank you Rick

Here