WW2 Musette Bag At High Price?

huntssurplus

This is interesting. I was just researching one this morning. This bag was carried in WWII by my dad. I used it in Cub Scouts in the 1950's. It's amazing it's stained but still a solid bag. I thought the tent and awning company was interesting.

Thats a great musette bag! Do you have anymore of your fathers WW2 items? And anymore information of where/when/and with whom he served with?

Hunt

My dad was in the Chemical Corps. In WW2 they had heavy mortar battalions. He served with the 95th Chemical Mortar Bn as a forward observer and then with the 91st Chemical Mortar Bn as a company commander. I know he was in the Battle of the Ruhr pocket in northern Germany and finished the war in a little town about halfway between Munich and Nuremberg. I posted another question here about 2nd Chemical Mortar Bn patches from Korea. Those were his. I vaguely remember some other pieces of gear but I suspect I helped destroy them when I was little.

My dad was in the Chemical Corps. In WW2 they had heavy mortar battalions. He served with the 95th Chemical Mortar Bn as a forward observer and then with the 91st Chemical Mortar Bn as a company commander. I know he was in the Battle of the Ruhr pocket in northern Germany and finished the war in a little town about halfway between Munich and Nuremberg. I posted another question here about 2nd Chemical Mortar Bn patches from Korea. Those were his. I vaguely remember some other pieces of gear but I suspect I helped destroy them when I was little.

That's cool! Seems like he had a interesting time! Thanks for sharing!

Hunt

• 7 months later...
MemphisB@lle

That's really a beauty. In my experience, Army Field Bags made by Powers are super-scarce. As I said, that's the first one I've ever seen.

Hi

Picking up this old topic.

Did some shopping to finish the WW2 mannequin and I found myself a nice Powers & Co Musette bag yesterday. Dated 1941.

All straps present, so pretty happy with it.

+ adding a PAL Garand bayonet dated 42 and a brand new pair of M1937 wool trousers also dated 42.

Slowly getting there

Peter

post-182294-0-34502900-1534771580.jpg

post-182294-0-81102300-1534771006_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi

Picking up this old topic.

Did some shopping to finish the WW2 mannequin and I found myself a nice Powers & Co Musette bag yesterday. Dated 1941.

All straps present, so pretty happy with it.

+ adding a PAL Garand bayonet dated 42 and a brand new pair of M1937 wool trousers also dated 42.

Slowly getting there

Peter

attachicon.gifCapture2.JPG

attachicon.gifCapture1.JPG

Picked this up today at an estate sale. Interesting how the stamps on yours and mine are 180 degrees off.

Nice bag by the way, mine is not nearly so nice.

Are these from a scarce maker?

Al

post-12790-0-83484500-1550877619_thumb.jpg