A couple of interesting pieces...

Spike

This vest belonged to a SEAL Team One member who was a Kit Carson Scout advisor at Sea Float 1970. It was a grenadiers jacket that was heavily modded, the pictures will hopefully show all.

post-532-1226449223.jpg

post-532-1226449237.jpg

This one is interesting, got this off eBay at the end of 2006. I knew this thing was beat but it's still a VERY modified grenadiers jacket. I have no idea when it was done, my gut tells me it wasn't done during VN but I could be wrong. This thing is trashed.

post-532-1226449580.jpg

post-532-1226449616.jpg

The pocket flaps from the grenade pockets were used for the new pockets, these were probably for AK mags. The jacket is poplin, the modded pockets are ripstop.

post-532-1226449976.jpg

post-532-1226449989.jpg

Not sure why this patch is on here, Bob Chatt told me what it is but I forgot. It seems to be glued on, I kinda want to take it off but it's been on there for quite awhile judging by the wear on the inside of the sleeve.

post-532-1226450359.jpg

post-532-1226450341.jpg

You see I like these better than the mint stuff ,but mint is mint and you can never argue with that .

The vest is my personal favourite thing that Spike owns ,I get goose bumps when I see him wearing it .

Hold on did I just write that , I must be going ERDL crazy !!!

all joking aside the vest has the 1000 yard stare when you see it in person .

owen

kammoman

The seal coat looks a lot like my issue DPM Para smock after some very heavy modding with a COP/SAS ( Close observation platoon ) outcast throw outs.

BTW the Mag pockets could in fact be from the H&K T223, The H&K mags look a lot straighter than the AK47.

seals02b6lu.jpg

t223a.jpg

Not sure why this patch is on here, Bob Chatt told me what it is but I forgot. It seems to be glued on, I kinda want to take it off but it's been on there for quite awhile judging by the wear on the inside of the sleeve.

post-532-1226450359.jpg

post-532-1226450341.jpg

Looks like a Paintball Team patch to me..... ermm.gif

-Ski

Here is my SEAL impression from me war room .

He has a G3 .

I just went from that famous shot to do my guy up .

Please excuse the paint as I have to remove it and change some hardware on it .

This is old from a Rhodesian scout set up .

At least he has a good pair of shoes dated 69 .

Just my 2 cents worth .

owen

post-2009-1226519772.jpg

That vest is the very dictionary definition of something having character.

Just superb.

Thanks for showing the treasures Spike.

Patrick.

Spike,

The modified jacket is a very intresting piece.I was wondering if the pockets for the mags could have been for a Stoner.Didnt one of the versions use a 30 round box mag?

I will post a couple of my jackets when I get them dug out.

RON

Doyler, I don't think it's for Stoner 30rd mags, the only time I have seen that a Stoner was used in the carbine config was around 1968 by ST1, don't remember ST2 using them but they may have. These jackets didn't really start showing up until around 1970. AK47's were used by some SEALs, especially around 70/71. I think the mods on this jacket might have been done post war and then at some point somebody put that LAME patch on it.

Spike,

Thanks for the reply.The Stoner mags are kind of a mystery to me.I have a couple of the OD two cell pouches that are seen from time to time.Never see them in pics and the pouches when found are usually mint.

I was just throwing the idea around as the pockets were long and the Stoner mag was/is a bit thinner than an AK and the pockets dont have any provision to expand.As the old saying goes...boy if that could talk.

Very intresting and thanks for posting.

RON

I wonder if you can get an airsoft Stoner ?

owen

Yes ... and no.

I believe at one point one was available from a smaller airsoft manufacturer but in a very limited run.

This question might be better answered in a dedicated airsoft forum.

I do have a japanese article somewhere of how someone scratchbuilt the assault rifle version.

This vest belonged to a SEAL Team One member who was a Kit Carson Scout advisor at Sea Float 1970. It was a grenadiers jacket that was heavily modded, the pictures will hopefully show all.

post-532-1226449223.jpg

post-532-1226449237.jpg

This SEAL vest is my personall favourite among all you SEAL coats and cut down coats that you have posted Spike.

Its really used and you have the history to it.

Yes I love it :rolleyes:

Martin