Qm medical supply catalog, where can I get a copy?

bheskett

The ones that are available from NCHS are NOT complete. They are only a very small portion of the MED3 Catalog. If anyone is interested, I have full physical copies available:

post-2299-0-60388800-1514903516.jpg

post-2299-0-38019700-1514903522_thumb.jpg

post-2299-0-70108600-1514903530.jpg

These are hardback, with over 500 pages and all items. If you're interested, please drop me a PM for prices and shipping.

Thanks,

Ben.

Hey med-dept, I have a complete copy of the MED 6 supply catalog. Is it a later version of the MED 3 and does it include the same contents as MED 3?

Bob

Hi Bob,

No, MED6 is another section of the Medical Department Supply Catalog (and is included in my reproduction). For reference, here is a list of the different sections of the Catalog (taken from my website > https://www.med-dept.com/articles/medical-supply-catalogs/):

• MED 1 – Introduction:
    This consisted of an explanation of all sections of the Medical Supply Catalog, including the sections published as separate pamphlets as well as those included in this volume (the Medical Supply Catalog of 1 March 1944).
  • MED 2 – Index:
    The Index to the Medical Supply Catalog was a directory of the publications comprising the entire Medical Supply Catalog system.
  • MED 3 – List of Items for Troops, Posts, Camps and Stations:
    This section superseded the Classes 1 to 9 inclusive, supplements thereto, and the Index of the former Medical Department Supply Catalog.
  • MED 4 – Allowances of Expendable Supplies:
    This section was published as a separate pamphlet and superseded War Department Circular No. 26, Office of The Surgeon General. It prescribed the basic allowances of expendable medical supplies not otherwise authorized and supplemented the Tables of Equipment and Tables of Allowances for all arms and services.
  • MED 5 – Stock List of All Items:
    No publication under this number was contemplated, as the information was already contained in MED 3.
  • MED 6 – Sets – Small Assemblies, Kits and Chests:
    This section superseded the Appendix of the former Medical Department Supply Catalog and listed component items of sets, kits etc., issued by the Medical Department. Blank forms previously listed in the appendix were no longer included in this section. They were now listed in Section VIII, War Department Pamphlet No. 12-3, dated 24 March 1944, entitled “List of Forms Stocked by Adjutant General Depots”.
  • MED 7 – Organizational and Higher Echelon Spare Parts:
    This section included a series of pamphlets listing spare parts, replacement parts, special tools, accessories, etc., requiring frequent replacement. These parts were furnished with or were available on requisition for certain major items of equipment as authorized for each echelon of maintenance.
  • MED 8 – Sets – Higher Echelon Spare Parts:
    No publication was contemplated under this number, as this information was already included in MED 7.
  • MED 9 – List of All Parts:
    This section consisted of a series of pamphlets listing all component parts of selected Medical Department items. Each pamphlet listed all the parts necessary for the assemblage and maintenance of a major item, and also indicated the authorized allowances of spare parts, tools, accessories, supplies etc., to be issued with or for the item. Illustrations were shown to identify the parts and indicate their relation to the complete assembly.
  • MED 10 – Medical Department Equipment Lists:
    The pamphlets in this series listed the equipment of hospitals and other medical units. Because of the many items involved, it was not feasible to designate the component items in Tables of Equipment or other publications. Equipment lists for medical units of similar functions were be bound in one set, a separate set being published for each such group of units.

Here's what included in my reproduction:

med.jpg

Thanks,

Ben.

• 2 years later...