WW2 Marine uniforms and Medal Collection

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comets ,Much more to come,Kept checking, I have at least 25 more uniforms to list, Waiting for files, And research. I all so have a Marine col uniform that was wounded on IWO JIMA,He became Brig General in 1946. He won 3 Legion of merits . Will list soon.

Nick

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

This is a great PH KIA Marine group that is pretty big, from Roi Numar

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/195695-sad-day-for-a-marines-first-day-on-namur/

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

This is a huge 4th Marine Division uniform group. That was on Iwo,They are very hard to fine this complete, I put it here So its in my Displays

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/257602-marine-uniform-group-24th-marines-able-co1st-bn-on-iwo-jima/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is another uniform That I had posted in uniforms And put in my displays -2nd-lt-7th-marines-1st-bn-wounded-severely-on-peleliu-sept-22-1944/

• 8 months later...

Here is one of my new additions from the SOS Marine 4th Raider uniform ,Did a trade to get this awesome uniform from a forum member at the show. Cpl Steve Popovich 4th marine Raider BN, First Marine Raider Regiment. He participated in the seizure and occupation of Wickham Anchorage, Vangunu Island , during the period of 1-31- july 1943.During the operation he was wounded in action. He convalesced in a U.S. Naval Hospital. When the Raiders were disbanded, he was assigned to the 4th Marine Division , When the War ended ,He was Honorably discharged. I,m happy to be the new caretaker of his uniform. Itis all so named to him inside the sleeve.

Nick

post-421-0-68074200-1551383974.jpg

post-421-0-90680100-1551384017.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is one of my Para uniforms, He joined Co,A 3rd Para Bn. He ended up in Ci I 1st Para Bn. He was a BAR Rifleman. He went to Vella Lavella 14 Oct 43 And than to Bouganville 4 Dec to 15 dec 43. ,From there After the Paratroopers where disbanded,He ended up in the 28th marines Co,I 3rd Bn, 5th Marines and he went to Iwo Jima Where on the second day of the landing,s he was killed Feb 20 1945. he was from Vancouver Washington. He was 25 years old. I added the ribbons best I could since he was KIA and there where no ribbons when I received the uniform. It is all so named to him in the sleeve. And only his name no others that you usually see on most KIA uniforms.

Nick

post-421-0-47725300-1555620623.jpg

post-421-0-11867600-1555620774.jpg

post-421-0-19680700-1555622144.jpg

more photo's

post-421-0-56373000-1555622273.jpg

post-421-0-05624000-1555622345.jpg

post-421-0-17997900-1555622384.jpg

Not latley. I did see a group on ebay. But was real expensive. So I passed. I sold my only 2 Dog paltoon uniforms. Wish I would have kept them. I see photo,s once and a while that is about it. Dog platoon stuff is RARE. Good Marine uniforms are drying up. Rarely see them any more.

Nick

Here is one of my Para uniforms, He joined Co,A 3rd Para Bn. He ended up in Ci I 1st Para Bn. He was a BAR Rifleman. He went to Vella Lavella 14 Oct 43 And than to Bouganville 4 Dec to 15 dec 43. ,From there After the Paratroopers where disbanded,He ended up in the 28th marines Co,I 3rd Bn, 5th Marines and he went to Iwo Jima  Where on the second day of the landing,s he was killed  Feb 20 1945. he was from Vancouver Washington. He was 25  years old. I added the ribbons best I could since he was KIA and there where no ribbons when I received the uniform. It is all so named to him in the sleeve. And only his name no others that you usually see on most KIA uniforms. 

Nick

Incredible! Thank you for sharing. RIP to this Marine.

Love seeing Paramarine items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great collection! Love how you managed to get a face and the story behind the so many named uniforms!

Field of interest in WWII and always interested in purchasing items related to the following:

26th Infantry "Yankee" Division

Army Nurse Corps

Purple Hearts/Medal Group (KIA/WIA) to ETO men

Purple Hearts/Medal Group (KIA/WIA)

KIA Purple Hearts specific men

My personal website about the 26th Infantry Division:

Thanks S1991. The research which I like the most. And finding there picture . Like you said putting a face on the uniform or grouping. That's the love of collecting. And keeping there memory alive.

Nick

Here is another quite large Marine 4th Division uniform group to a IWO JIMA VETERN. The link is below to view

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/257602-marine-uniform-group-24th-marines-able-co1st-bn-on-iwo-jima/

Here is another Marine uniform grouping I bought from a forum member to a 2nd division WIA on Saipan

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/211610-6th-marines-uniform-grouping/?hl=%2Bbertram+%2Bbowman

• 2 months later...

More info I have on him. Just received his file. Will post his Photo

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/326836-tarawa-veteran-green-uniform/

Here is his Photo, And his Participation in the Islands, Tarawa Tinian, Saipan.

post-421-0-15910200-1561998657.jpg

post-421-0-25951000-1561998702.jpg

post-421-0-68506100-1561998725.jpg

post-421-0-45607800-1561998767.jpg

Here is his Tarawa participation.

post-421-0-70075400-1561999252.jpg

• 1 year later...

btt