Help Identifying Unknown Squadron Patch

Airborne-Hunter

The design is from the 129th squadron, California ANG. I don't think it existed prior to 1955. Not sure which designation it would fall under as they had several. Not even sure anything like the one pictured was used by the unit, but it's not in my area so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Randy

Patchcollector

Air Rescue now,but prior to that they were running mostly Spec Ops missions.I posted a similar patch some time back.

Here's a link to my patch and some more info:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/119070-huge-old-129th-air-resupply-group-patch/?hl=%2B129th+%2Brescue

PC, yours looks like it could be a good one (Japan made?). The OP patch is made WW 2 style but I don't think the unit was around until the mid 50s, and not many if any units were using this style of patch with the leather construction. I'm sure someone will know.

Randy

Patchcollector

I have no proof of this,but I believe that mine and the OP patch are both early examples of this units' insignia.The large size,with no unit designation remind me of some 50's era patches I've seen.As for the use of leather,I have no explanation except that perhaps the unit had some made using that material for some reason.There is another large leather piece that Radmanpatches added to my thread in post # 32,so at least we know that more than one was made.Perhaps Mark(Radmanpatches) has some info as to where he got his,and will chime in here.As for my patch being Japanese made,that has always been my thought as well.

• 2 weeks later...