Awesome WWII Marine Ike Jacket Liberty Art

36thIDAlex

A fantastic post-Christmas gift. After talking with a local peddler mall dealer, I found out that he found a couple of Marine uniforms from a local estate sale a few weeks back. I had him send me some pictures and boy was I in for a surprise. The others were very standard blank marine uniforms but this was the prize of the lot. Named to "PVT H.E. Rose", the Ike is tailor-made and inside has some of the best "Liberty" art I've ever seen. It takes up the whole back side of the interior and is hand sewn with high-quality silk. I assume he had it done while on occupation duty in Japan. The group included 1944 dated pants and the jacket, taken out of a closet for the first time in 70 years and in pristine condition--and all for a measly $40. The pictures really can't do justice to the colors and quality of the art. Hope you all enjoy and had a great holiday!

post-167017-0-91811800-1514406966_thumb.jpg

post-167017-0-98382000-1514406978_thumb.jpg

Would say it was done in China.

Many had linings done with dragons there.Seen some where they were a full panel of black silk and sewn into the lining.Will also see them with Tienstin CHina and date(1945/1946 etc. As a tour type jacket

Nice item and congrats on the find