My USN CPO Rate Collection

0bx

Great flock of birds there. I am not very knowledgeable about these. I'd love it if you'd like to show closeups and some info on your favorites, or the rarer pieces. Thanks!

Mikie

Very beautiful collection. If they cold be displayed without covering up portions of the rate, that would make it even better.

Lee, I definitely agree with you. This is the way they are in my printers cabinet due to space limitations.

I like that printer's cabinet almost as much as I like that outstanding collection of rates.

Thanks Kurt. Usable printer's cabinets are rather difficult to find, but they are great for displaying collections. I had to do some major repairs to this one(replace drawer bottoms, replace cabinet back, etc) but the end product was exactly what I needed. I also collect Gillette razors which take up several of the drawers.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in awe of your collection. Simply wonderful and, like others have said, the printer's cabinet is an excellent vehicle for display/storage. I agree also that no portion of these ratings should be covered.

I am in awe of your collection. Simply wonderful and, like others have said, the printer's cabinet is an excellent vehicle for display/storage. I agree also that no portion of these ratings should be covered.

Again, I agree. I will have to figure a way to free up a few more drawers to better display the rates.

Obx,

I have a great suggestion if you're open to ideas. In the first image that you shared in this thread...those crows are just taking up valuable drawer space. Clean those out, stuff them into an box and ship them to me and I will deal with them. Just to help you out, I'll cover the postage.; -)

Obx,

I have a great suggestion if you're open to ideas. In the first image that you shared in this thread...those crows are just taking up valuable drawer space. Clean those out, stuff them into an box and ship them to me and I will deal with them. Just to help you out, I'll cover the postage.; -)

. That sounds like a great idea!! I'll help by taking all your SM crows off your hands. No one REALLY cares about those anyway ?

Thanks for the suggestions and offers guys. Luckily, I found a few empty drawers yesterday that I wasn't aware of (lol) so I guess I will have to keep the collection intact for now. Offering to cover the postage was really a nice touch. :lol:

Offering for postage was a matter of being a good neighbor. Call it...wanting to lend a helping hand to a fellow collector. I didn't want you to incur additional cost...after all, why should it cost you money to unload some clutter? :-D

Offering for postage was a matter of being a good neighbor. Call it...wanting to lend a helping hand to a fellow collector. I didn't want you to incur additional cost...after all, why should it cost you money to unload some clutter? :-D

. Exactly! Wat Rally said ???

What an absolutely amazing collection! The Chief Corpsman USMC on green matching left and right arm is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Not to mention the cabinet. I am curious about maintaining the bullion badges against tarnish. Are you in an area where moisture is not a problem? Air conditioning maybe? I am in the northwest and it is a struggle here. Thanks.

What an absolutely amazing collection! The Chief Corpsman USMC on green matching left and right arm is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Not to mention the cabinet. I am curious about maintaining the bullion badges against tarnish. Are you in an area where moisture is not a problem? Air conditioning maybe? I am in the northwest and it is a struggle here. Thanks.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, my collection is in an air conditioned environment and I have not had a problem with the bullion tarnishing. I do, however, have a few rates where the bullion was a bit tarnished when I obtained them(uniform worn). However, they do not seem to have tarnished any further.