How do you pronouce PASGT?

mikie

Thanks, Im aware.

Ray

Echoing what everyone else said, we called the m Kevlars or K-pots.

Ray, ACH and MICH arent the same as a PASGT

The new helmet back in my day was called a Fritz,after it's German like appearance. But while we had to get the BDUs, little late admittingly (May 82 up in Alaska), we never heard of the new helmets being issued any time soon, same thing for those Brown rough-out boots, and then I got out Mid Dec 82 on a X mas Drop). As the years went on, and I would have speaks with other vets in after I was in, a Kevlar helmet is the term they would be using.

Chickenpuffball

Howdy,

I am slowly trying to learn about moderm military equipment. Until a couple of years ago, Korea War stuff was the most modern I had handle on. So how the heck is PASGT pronounced in polite converstion? Is it said as it is spelled or spelled out letter by letter? Silly question, I'm sure, but it IS me asking. Hopefully more intelligent questions sure to follow. Thanks!

Mikie

"pahzget"

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Howdy,

I am slowly trying to learn about moderm military equipment. Until a couple of years ago, Korea War stuff was the most modern I had handle on. So how the heck is PASGT pronounced in polite converstion? Is it said as it is spelled or spelled out letter by letter? Silly question, I'm sure, but it IS me asking. Hopefully more intelligent questions sure to follow. Thanks!

Mikie

Reynosa, in his book on the PASGT helmet, noted that it was pronounced 'Pass-Get'. I assume that was used by the people who developed it. Either that or he just made it up.

I recall them referred to Fritz helmets due to the resemblance to WW2 German Helmets as Gil Sanow mentioned when I was issued mine at Fort Campbell in 1985. After that it was just Kevlar... Nothing fancy..

Leigh

Reynosa, in his book on the PASGT helmet, noted that it was pronounced 'Pass-Get'. I assume that was used by the people who developed it. Either that or he just made it up.

Agreed, this was the way it was pronounced years ago when it first started showing up in collector circles and my guess is that it was based on what Reynosa said. Also many called it the K-pot.

I'm old! When I saw the topic heading I immediately thought it was a question about an obscure NCO rank! PASGT? I retired before Kevlar helmets. My 'buckets' were always steel! Semper Fi.....Bob

In Chris Armold's video "Steel Pots", he pronounces it "P-A-S-G-T" or "Pass-get" for what it's worth. We in 1990s Army aviation, like everyone else it seems, called them "Kevlars".