A Christmas Wish For All

Bill Scott

I want to wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year.This is a shot of me about 22 years ago with my Grand Daughters who are still Grampa's little Girls.

img559.jpg

Great photo Bill. Wishing everyone out there in forum land a very happy and safe holiday season. Hoping that 2018 will be better than 2017.

IMG_0187 x.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

One hundred years ago my grandfather was in France, and not on holiday. Here's a Christmas card he sent home from the front. He was in the famed 78th "Lightning" Division. He entered the military on September 27, 1917, when he was 25 years old.

Christmas%201917.jpg

Battery F 309 Field Artillery Sep 17, 1917-Jul 1, 1918; Supply Company, 309 Field Artillery July 10, 1918 - May 1, 1919.

I have been meaning to post this image of his helmet which has the division insignia painted on it. I also have his Victory Medal.

ECB-WWI-Lightning%20Division-400.jpg

WWI%20Victory%20medal.jpg

His son and namesake was a B-17 waist gunner during WWII who completed 51 missions, including two crash landings. On one, he was in hand-to-hand knife combat, killing a German soldier to save his own life. His last mission was over Linz, Austria where he was severely injured, but after a year in the hospital survived.

Rick

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours.

P.S in case your wondering, these socks are filled with chew toys for all the rescue pups

we have permanently adopted into our home.

I though it made for a kind of Christmassy image.

post-6249-0-12525700-1514066388.jpg

A very Merry Xmas to all forum members from warm Sunny NZ.

To Bill and all the moderators , thank you for providing us with this wonderful website.

God bless and lets put on a few kegs or lbs over the xmas period.

regards

Phill

P/S

Bill my chimneys cleaned and ready for you-there's a nice cold beer waiting.

You are all good mensch if you are on the Forum! Hope your Holiday season is good for you and all you care for! See you all in Portland, Oregon for ASMIC Convention 2019! Dave B.