1898-1958 United States Marine Corps Chevrons

hhbooker2

SEMPER FIDELIS! Some of the most interesting chevrons are those of the United States Marine Corps that come in different colours on mostly scarlet-red backgrounds, except for those on khaki/suntan. The earlier chevrons without the crossed rifles seem to be elisuve and one of the most highly sought after chevrons, especially those of the 1920s when the Marine Corps came out with many different chevrons with various specialty marks like a wagon wheel, stack of gold with a quaill-pen, etc. Here is a buck sergeant with crossed rifles with a bursting-bomb on it. Shown first is the obverse side, the reverse side will follow. SEMPER FI! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ( [email protected] )

post-837-1226372745.jpg

ermm.gif Two examples of dress blue chevrons for the earlier high collared tunic with really wide chevrons and their smaller replacements.

post-837-1226373029.jpg

post-837-1226373088.jpg

thumbsup.gif Can you identify the title of the NCO who wore these chevrons and when they were worn?

Paymaster Sergeant. I have the info on dates this rank was authorized, somewhere at home in my files. These big chevrons for the blues went out in the mid-1920's (1924 or so if I remember correctly).

(This id for photo number 5.)

Paymaster Sergeant. I have the info on dates this rank was authorized, somewhere at home in my files. These big chevrons for the blues went out in the mid-1920's (1924 or so if I remember correctly).

(This id for photo number 5.)

I need to clairfy this as a Quartermaster Sergeant of the Paymaster Department.

Also: number 6 is a Quartermaster Sergeant used from 1922-1937 number 8 is a Trumpet Sergeant 1929-1937.