WW2 WONDER BREAD AIRCRAFT SPOTTER DIAL

katieony

Here's another WW2 homefront item that I've had for years. It's an Aircraft Spotter Dial from Wonder Bread. One side displays the Axis aircraft while the other side has Allied aircraft. This is the only one I've seen.

post-19174-0-59092100-1513986523.jpg

Absolutely amazingly cool! Thanks for sharing! Always love seeing the give-away promotional things! Wonder Bread had (IMO) the coolest building in the "Century of Progress". Sadly, no cool souvenirs like this, as their "souvenir" section was a cafeteria!

Thanks for posting photos! I like the dial part. Never seen one like this before!

• 4 months later...

I have the following certificate:

On May 28, 1942, a distant relative of my wife's was awarded a certificate from The United States Navy, which reads as follows: “The United States Navy….hereby confers upon Kenneth Marcellus the honorary rank of Master Aircraftsman in recognition of war-time service in making in accordance with specifications approved by the Bureau….Scale Model Aircraft for use by the Government of the United States. The model was used by spotters. Kenneth was 17 years old at the time and a senior in high school in Brentwood, Mo.