Trying to Make Heads or Tails of This One - Helped Needed

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

I recently ran across this grouping and am trying to make sense of it. Came with a bunch of photos. Named to a Robert Jerome McCabe. Can't seem to find much on him, but the ribbons are what is confusing. The navy GCM appears to have a silver lifesaving medal next to it. Is this correct? If so why is there another one on the British ribbon bar. They all came together, do the British ribbons belong to this American? Thoughts? Ideas? Hypothesis? Thanks ABN

post-1800-0-54206400-1513904613_thumb.jpg

The VC ribbon has a small cross device on it.

These appear to be a group of ribbon sets that may or may not be related.

Top: ? and Army Long Service (1830-1930)

Second: MBE, ?, QEII Coronation, General Service Medal (1962-2007)

Third: WWI Victory, 1914-1918 War Medal, 1914-15 Star

Fourth: RAF Long Service, General Service Medal (1962-2007), General Service Medal (1918-1962), MBE.

Best I can determine is

Order of St. Patrick Victoria Cross

OBE ? QUeen Elizabeth coronation ?

WW1 Vic Brit. war medal 1914-20 ?

? Long ser. Good conduct RAF ? obe

Airborne-Hunter

If it means anything, the 2 place ribbon bar is not upside down. It has a pin and that is how it is supposed to sit. My understanding is that if the red ribbon was a VC then it would have precedent over the order of St. Patrick or any/all other awards, but it is clearly second in order. That is why I assumed silver lifesaving medal because I thought that had precedent over a GCM. The pin on the 2 place ribbon is also characteristic of a typical USN 1/2." I have no clue on the other foreign awards whether they are forwards or backwards. Best ABN

The ribonbars are all composed off British ribbons. Lettow named them correctly and tuckerf nailed the white and the red coloured ribbon.

The two loose top ribbons are US.

Regards

Herman

Those multiple ribbon bars are all British awards. The dark red ribbon in question may be the Order of the Bath. The pinkish ribbon is the Order of the British Empire, military grade.

The Victoria Cross ribbon features a device of the actual medal.