Winchester M1 Carbine/Garand Question

ViewfinderGyrene

Sorry to tell you but there is no book published that covers all the info on how to identify WRA parts. It comes from years of handling original rifles and talking to established long time collectors

Just to give you a idea here are just a couple WRA parts, no drawing numbers ,letters etc

Op rod catch identified by the round cuts by the accelerator

DSC08267_zpss20hc7vb.jpg

WRA firing pins identified by the cut by the end of pin

DSC08821_zpsxibg7pxs.jpg

WRA buttplate identified by the checkering and offset hole

DSC00931_zpsbrtwtgbe.jpg

Sorry to tell you but there is no book published that covers all the info on how to identify WRA parts. It comes from years of handling original rifles and talking to established long time collectors

Just to give you a idea here are just a couple WRA parts, no drawing numbers ,letters etc

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Garandlover/media/Winchester%20Parts/DSC08267_zpss20hc7vb.jpg.html

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Garandlover/media/DSC08821_zpsxibg7pxs.jpg.html

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Garandlover/media/misc/DSC00931_zpsbrtwtgbe.jpg.html

You will have to post here directly.Outside photo hosts don't work on the forum

OK ,Lets try this again

Again, these are just a very few of the many unmarked parts found on a WRA garand, you have to know what to look for and be able to identify the manufacture. There are also different variations of these parts for different serial ranges

These parts are not covered in books. Books generally just reference parts with drawing numbers. Even if you are able to identify all the parts as WRA you have o be able to make sure they all belong on the rifle for the serial range

Easy isnt it :D

post-109710-0-02222400-1514500604_thumb.jpg

post-109710-0-09187400-1514500836.jpg

ViewfinderGyrene

OK ,Lets try this again

Again, these are just a very few of the many unmarked parts found on a WRA garand, you have to know what to look for and be able to identify the manufacture. There are also different variations of these parts for different serial ranges

These parts are not covered in books. Books generally just reference parts with drawing numbers. Even if you are able to identify all the parts as WRA you have o be able to make sure they all belong on the rifle for the serial range

Easy isnt it :D

attachicon.gifDSC08267_zpss20hc7vb.jpg

attachicon.gifbutt.jpg

I appreciate the clarification Orlando but when I made reference to the "w" stampings I was referring to Carbines, not Garands.

All I can say after the fantastic insights given is that my only hope would be to find a knowledgeable researcher/collector like Doyler mentioned, who would be able to go over it piece-by-piece to teach me what is correct for WRA/different s/n rangers.