Need help with background info on WWII winter anorak

treesuit

Greetings,

I need some help with any and all information on this WWII type of winter gear. I believe its a OD anorak or some sort of pullover that has outer and inner fur lining but with a half zip front and buttons all along the rim of the hood.

I haven't been able to find any photos of this except for one in a 10th Infantry Division (Mountain) static display with no caption or description. Any help from some of the WWII collectors and/or some people who collect 10th Mountain stuff would be greatly appreciated.

post-138122-0-76753300-1513743667.jpg

post-138122-0-83690700-1513743690.jpg

Pile Liner for a parka.You don't see them worn under the parkas in photos to often.

I have seen(and own) the liner in the late war solid green non revisable parka with a fur trimmed hood on the liner.

There was a liner for the artic trousers as well of the same materials

I don't have a copy of the QM book for mountain gear.I know George Peterson printed copies years ago.wish he would re print the series.

So I am to understand that this had a fur trim on the hood at one point. I can see a thin white line just barely underneath the fur ruff and stitching. Also, was this a stand alone item or could it be used with a white outer garment?

I do appreciate your comments gentleman, thanks.

Bob,

I'd have to say that is really close in comparison with the exception of a few minor differences. Thank you for taking the time to find that piece.