WWII fixed bail M1 with strange markings

No Quarter

Hello, I saw this helmet for sale online and was wondering if anyone knows what these markings are for? The seller is not completely sure what they are either. He believes they are some kind of amphibious landing marking or unit leader.

Thanks for any help!

Jacob

post-162535-0-00123200-1513613334_thumb.jpg

stealthytyler

I think this helmet has been discussed before on another thread.

What was the outcome? And why does everyone think any unidentifiable marking on helmet is probably associated with an amphibious landing?

Burning Hazard

I've seen this one before and tried researching it but couldn't find anything related to those markings, I don't remember there being a thread on it, anyone got a link to the thread if it was discussed?

What was the outcome? And why does everyone think any unidentifiable marking on helmet is probably associated with an amphibious landing?

I don't remember and I can't find the thread.

When I was doing research on my helmet with a V on the front and back, google would suggest this helmet in question. I wish I could help out but without photographic evidence it would be anyone's guess.

Marty

LOL. Likely for the same reason every partially-discolored helmet is immediately camo: $$$.

Has to be D-Day, camo, medic / corpsman, airborne, etc.

No just regular helmets around anymore... :)