Ribbon bar damage

cattaraugus

Hi, the plastic covering the lower ribbon bar is discolored and has shrunk somewhat and is distorting the cloth ribbon underneath. should I just leave it as is, or try to take the plastic off? I'm guessing that it was stored where heat was an issue like an attic to cause it to do this. Since it will be stored now in a contolled temp area, I guess I could probably leave it as is, but if there is an opinion that it will get worse and I should attempt to salvage it from further damage let me know. thanks, mike

post-4406-1226291160.jpg

FightenIrish35

I wouldnt try taking it off...I would leave it as is and keep it in a nice controlled enviorment you would only damge it trying to take it off, Just a side note the ribbons arnt in the correct spots,I believe.

pathfinder505
I wouldnt try taking it off...I would leave it as is and keep it in a nice controlled enviorment you would only damge it trying to take it off, Just a side note the ribbons arnt in the correct spots,I believe.

I thought they looked correct. I have seen several like that.

Captainofthe7th

The PTO and American Campaign are switched, but don't worry about it. Everyone always gets too worked up about the order...if the vet put it that way, just leave it. It's in the correct order according to him. I think it adds character.

I lost the plastic coating on my grandfathers ribbons because it just cracked and came off. I would leave these as is, you can't replace it.

Rob