Demolitions Gear

Legio3arty

Who else collects Demo gear? Here's part of my slowly expanding pile of Vietnam era demo gear. Eventually this will all be put is some organized format for display at events.

post-170681-0-56371400-1513043311_thumb.jpg

I don't collect demo gear. However, you have a very nice collection of Vietnam era demo gear. Its the most extensive collection I have seen in private hands.

I like your collection as it has some items I haven't been able to acquire, but I'm always looking.

I collect Engineer items from the Vietnam era (early 1970s to be specific). The demo items are sort of a subset (blasting machine, 10-cap boxes, the demo tape, pliers, knives, manuals, and the cards are just a few of the things I have). Out in my garage sits a complete mine detector with manual from the period, the rest of the stuff is sort of scattered around, like the anti-tank mine, anti-handling devices, a couple of grappling hooks, training claymore kit, and I sometimes wonder what else.

I like your collection as it has some items I haven't been able to acquire, but I'm always looking.

I collect Engineer items from the Vietnam era (early 1970s to be specific). The demo items are sort of a subset (blasting machine, 10-cap boxes, the demo tape, pliers, knives, manuals, and the cards are just a few of the things I have). Out in my garage sits a complete mine detector with manual from the period, the rest of the stuff is sort of scattered around, like the anti-tank mine, anti-handling devices, a couple of grappling hooks, training claymore kit, and I sometimes wonder what else.

The only mine in my collection so far is a training claymore kit, but I'm sure I'll end up with a few before I'm done. I also have a mine detector. There are some other items not shown in the original photo, including the wire reels and straps, and the biggest item, an original Platoon demolitions kit crate. Is your 10-cap blasting machine one the smaller Fidelity Electric ones like the one in my photo? I have a larger one with a 1968 contract date that I bought with most of the collection. I haven't been able to find any info on the when or why the change was made.

post-170681-0-46073100-1513233645_thumb.jpg

post-170681-0-96323800-1513233727_thumb.jpg