Named USMC P44 HBT jacket

RichRaider

I picked this jacket up today from a friend that is parting with his collection. I have not researched the name and It might take a little while before I do. I just canceled my ancestry account and now I come across a named item! It has all of the donut buttons and you can still see the “C” from USMC.

post-164442-0-71540300-1512950882_thumb.jpg

Great pickup! I have yet to add a USMC HBT yet as it is not a top priority for me right now. I'll might give the name a quick search on my ancestry and see what comes up. Thanks for sharing!

Hunt

Thanks guys,

huntssurplus, thank you. I appreciate you looking into it. I was not trying to solicit free help. I knew that someone would ask and I figured I would put out the disclaimer. To be honest, I really didn’t want to try and look for a “Paul” in the Corps. I am pretty sure with a name like that, this will be one for the imagination, but I could be wrong.

I forgot to post a picture of the back. I found faint ink inside and think its size 38. I will check tonight on my NVG’s.

post-164442-0-80773900-1512960558_thumb.jpg

Okay,

I hand washed the jacket in cold water with an all natural soap (the jacket was caked in dirt). To my surprise, I found these marks. Thoughts?

post-164442-0-89958600-1512963133_thumb.jpg

ViewfinderGyrene

Robert William Paul, MCSN:551603, G Company, 2nd Battalion, 23rd Marines, MOS 745 Rifleman, WIA March 6th, 1945 at Iwo Jima. Served through 50s and made Sgt. in Spring or Summer of '54.

Robert William Paul, MCSN:551603, G Company, 2nd Battalion, 23rd Marines, MOS 745 Rifleman, WIA March 6th, 1945 at Iwo Jima. Served through 50s and made Sgt. in Spring or Summer of '54.

ViewfinderGyrene,

Thank you for looking into the name. It is really cool if this is the same Paul. I am attaching one more photo of the rank on the shoulder. You can see that he originally had Put chevrons and they were hand drawn. eventually, he must have used a stamp kit and finished them properly.

post-164442-0-60842900-1513054536_thumb.jpg