ID'd OIF/OEF Special Forces Helmet Grouping

BaselA

I was extremely lucky to have the opportunity to acquire and keep this group together and wanted to share - although I will likely be offering it for sale to someone who focuses more on GWOT collecting. All of the items came from a SF medic who, over the course of his long career, served in the Balkans, Iraq, Afghanistan, Horn of Africa, and many other places.

The painted ACH was used during deployments to both to Iraq and Afghanistan. In Iraq, he participated in the 1st Battle of Talafar and the Battle of Mosul, plus a number of named operations. The high cut ACH was used in Afghanistan.

He served with the Royal Marine Commandos in Afghanistan in 2009 working out of FOB Price in Gereshk during the Helmand Province Campaign (hence the Brit MTP top and patches). The A-TACS camo was also used in Afghanistan. Call sign patches are his as well.

Shoulder insignia is c. 2002, ribbon rack and beret are c. 2006

Perhaps, even cooler than the helmets, is his ACOG TA01NSN with the JPoint red dot - he purchased it in 1998 and used it on every deployment from then on.

post-40388-0-15808300-1512944617_thumb.jpg

post-40388-0-82060900-1512944730_thumb.jpg

Wow this stuff is really cool! While I don't really collect modern stuff I got to say I really enjoyed looking at this stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Hunt

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have any idea on what time period the A-Tacs sets were used in Afghanistan?

Stunning! I love the newer used items worn fighting against the Islamic state since there isn't many around, especially with photographic evidence!

post-40388-0-82060900-1512944730.jpg

This being a '98 model, I can say with 110% certainty that I was involved in it's build!! My DNA is on (IN really) this sucker LOL

I installed the prism!! (called Final One in Trijicon terms)

By '98, I'd been there 2 years, right out of the Navy. My first job there in 1996 was Final Clean/Pack where I'd install the BUIS and ghost ring sight, (that was removed for the red dot mount), clean the lenses, and pack into that box with all of it's manuals and accessories, then I went to Final Assembly 2, where the objective (the large forward facing lens) was installed, parallax was set, and filled with Nitrogen, then on to Final Assembly 1, where the prism was installed with the eyepiece. It was a HUGE deal to have that SOCOM contract!

I truly believe in our product, and this is a testimony to it's battle proven effectiveness and durability.

Thank you for posting, this made my day!