4th Army SSI - German made?

bayonetman

I know something about US bayonets and knives, but in most other areas I am a novice. Many years ago I bought an album full of US SSI, mostly from the WW2 period. Now that I am downsizing my collections, I am planning to sell them on ebay or wherever, and have identified most of them and they appear to be simply US made items, nothing rare as far as I can see. A few, however, are apparently not and I would like to have them identified prior to listing them so I don't look like an idiot.

This one is of course 4th Army, and is sort of a quilted background with the ivy leaves in what appears to be silver wire. The back seems to be a tight weave material such as a cheesecloth. From what little I can find out from my very limited references, this is probably post WW2 German manufacture - is that correct?

4THARMYP.jpg

Thanks. As I said, I really do not have any good information about these, was primarily going on the fact that the 4th fought in Europe.

Thanks. As I said, I really do not have any good information about these, was primarily going on the fact that the 4th fought in Europe.

The Fourth Army was a Stateside command.

• 2 months later...

BAYONETMAN's patch is an example of a Japanese made quilted patch. There is a thread on quilted patches elsewhere on this Forum.