M1126 Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicle

Retired

Here is my latest model. It was a Trumpeter model and was probably an early version of the Stryker.

Here is the other side. I would have preferred to have one with the slat armor but this one didn't have it.

post-264-1226266928.jpg

Here is the other side. I would have preferred to have one with the slat armor but this one didn't have it.

Here is the back view.

post-264-1226266994.jpg

Here is the back view.

And lastly the front view. I had real trouble with the decals. These were real thin and had a tendency to curl up when applied. I ended up getting other decals from my parts box to apply. All in all though, it was a nice model to construct.

Retired

post-264-1226267202.jpg

very nice job! After reading some other guys comments on building all the PE slat armor, I think you are saner and wiser for NOT doing it :lol:

what did you use for those whip antenna?

very nice job! After reading some other guys comments on building all the PE slat armor, I think you are saner and wiser for NOT doing it :lol:

what did you use for those whip antenna?

Thanks for the nice comment, Meatcan. The antennas are from a company called Minimeca Espanola. I got them from Michigan Discount Models. To contact Mark Klutchko, the owner, e-mail to [email protected] .

Dallas

I currently have two of the AFV Club Strykers... One I think I'm going to do with a Mk19 on the weapon's station the other with a .50 cal. Sadly, I'll probably drive myself insane but Ive gotta do the slat armor for a up to date look...

Wayne

I currently have two of the AFV Club Strykers... One I think I'm going to do with a Mk19 on the weapon's station the other with a .50 cal. Sadly, I'll probably drive myself insane but Ive gotta do the slat armor for a up to date look...

Wayne

Wayne,

make sure you keep us posted as you make progress. Would love to see how your slat armor turns out w00t.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Good job, I have never seen a model of one completed before. I'd like to build one someday as I had a hand in the creation of the Army's first Stryker Brigade (3BDE, 2ID) and was involved with the selection of the LAV-3 for the interim vehicle (it was strange to watch LAVs driving around the Canadian plates still on them, though). I'd love to do a diorama of the handoff between a LAV and a Stryker in one of the 3rd BDE units.

Reminds me of a recent model contest I saw, where the winner was an active duty Stryker TC, had modeled his old M1-A1 complete with lawn chairs and igloo coolers in 1/35 scale (hand made but they looked great). You could tell all the people who'd served with mech units, they were the ones pointing at it, saying, "Now there's one built by someone who has been around them!"

Very nice to see.

Brought back some good memories. They are awesome to ride in.

3rd BDE, 1st AR is not Stryker. Most of 2nd ID, 1-25, 172d was SBCT.

Very nice to see.

Brought back some good memories. They are awesome to ride in.

3rd BDE, 1st AR is not Stryker. Most of 2nd ID, 1-25, 172d was SBCT.

Yes, I realize that the decals on the front and back of the model are not correct for a stryker unit. As I mentioned earlier, the decals that came with this model were really poor. They were so thin that when I slid them off of the backing, most of them would curl up and become unusable. I pulled these decals out of my parts box until I can find something more suitable. If anyone knows where I can find the correct ones, please let me know.

Retired

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, I realize that the decals on the front and back of the model are not correct for a stryker unit. As I mentioned earlier, the decals that came with this model were really poor. They were so thin that when I slid them off of the backing, most of them would curl up and become unusable. I pulled these decals out of my parts box until I can find something more suitable. If anyone knows where I can find the correct ones, please let me know.

Retired

What really helps is get some solv-a-set or decal set from walthers. put that on the model, then what I've done for Trumpeter decals is get them wet then slide them off the backing right on to the model.

• 2 months later...

I looked through my pics, but i do not have any of Strykers. Currently the strykers look a bit like someone through a clothes line over the top, and hung military netting over it. Pretty much the Strykers from 1/25 SBCT all run around with a canopy built on top. Most of the vics have their TC's surrounded by bulletproof humvee glass, that they have scrounged up. They look really odd, but it helps against snipers. I'll ry to get some pics for you guys, for reference.

Dent