Sign in to follow this  
BILL THE PATCH

Some help with these unknowns,

Having a hard time finding out about these pins, any help greatly appreciated. First pin is plastic has odd fastener, second is a rosette marked b b &b France?, Was wondering if it is an award for service in France?, Third is a single star with us seal device affixed on it, and last two I'm not sure what there for, marked us army finance corps, but where would a soldier where it, it's the sz of a German tinnie, and next to that I have no idea but it's marked gemsco nydoes it go with the finance pin?, Thanks in advancepost-11207-0-50085000-1512655503_thumb.jpg

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I have the exact same type of pin as your finance corps, except its for infantry. Ive always wondered if they made a version for every branch of the army. Im afraid thats all I know about it. The pin next to it is a ROTC rank.

Interested in items related to:

-Amarillo A.A.F. / Amarillo Air Force Base

-Military instillations located in the Texas Panhandle, South Plains, and West Texas.

-"F" Company, 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division (Texas National Guard)

-413th Civil Affairs Battalion (USAR)

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

In Memoriam:

CSM Juan H. Hernandez - U.S. Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam

RM1c William C. Denney - U.S.S. McDermut (DD-677) Korea

Star and eagle- Army General Staff Corps branch-of-service insignia for officers.

Large disk with Finance device- Non-military. Breakfast cereal or some other product giveaway for kids to collect. 1940's, I think. It can be found with many Army branches-of-service insignia.

The pin at lower right (2 discs joined), is a cadets rank device for a 1st Lt. Used by ROTC and Civil Air Patrol cadets.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

ASMIC pubbed an article in the Jul-Sept 2017 Trading Post about the cereal giveaways for the US Army Finance Corps (and many others) "insignia". That's like 2 issues ago.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Member, ASMIC.

Editor, ASMIC's The Trading Post

ASMIC Executive VP