400 Year Evolution of the U.S. Army Uniform

General Colt

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

I found this video on YouTube just a while ago. It seems the filming company knew what they were doing, with a few minor incorrect pieces at least from what I could tell in the WWII-era portion. For example, the 1942 South Pacific guy was wearing a swivel bail M1 etc...

I hope this is the right place even though its a Youtube video.

Whoever made this obviously knew what they were doing. Since it is only displaying the United States Army no helmet covers during ww2 is 100% accurate but yeah i see your point with swivel loops but i think ill give them a pass on that. One thing I liked was the helmet cover shown on the Korean War uniform as that was a cover seen.

Overall I liked it and think it showed some good knowledge of the uniforms worn.

Hunt

Whoever made this obviously knew what they were doing. Since it is only displaying the United States Army no helmet covers during ww2 is 100% accurate but yeah i see your point with swivel loops but i think ill give them a pass on that. One thing I liked was the helmet cover shown on the Korean War uniform as that was a cover seen.

Overall I liked it and think it showed some good knowledge of the uniforms worn.

Hunt

Exactly, the swivel loops are a small mistake, I wonder how many non-militaria enthusiasts would notice that. Next to none! The Korean helmet cover was really cool. I would like to find one of those one day... either that or make one.

Exactly, the swivel loops are a small mistake, I wonder how many non-militaria enthusiasts would notice that. Next to none! The Korean helmet cover was really cool. I would like to find one of those one day... either that or make one.

Yeah they are pretty rare but any old sack or something should do when it comes to making one!

Hunt

I kept watching this with the soldiers coming on screen from left to right and thinking... "Who are they looking for?".

I thought the choice of the 1876 7th Cavalry trooper was interesting, apparently from Company H. That company was part of Captain Benteen's force at the Battle of the Little Big Horn, and survived the battle although with some controversy as to their role.