473rd Infantry regiment uniform, PH ribbon, named

RDUNE

Hello all,

I just wanted to share a uniform that I recently acquired. The uniform is named and I found an obituary for a local man by that name. The obituary mentions that he earned the Purple Heart in WWII. It doesn't look like its had collar discs, CIB, rank insignia etc attached. I don't see any holes or indication that anything has been removed from the uniform. I haven't found a roster of men from the 473rd, after action reports or general orders online yet, but I intend to send away for his records and hopefully that will provide some answers.

Thanks for looking :)

-Ryan

post-44370-0-57230400-1512411698_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Very nice, love the scroll. Good luck with research and keep us posted

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind comments and very helpful PM's :) I'm going to request his records from NPRC and will post them when they arrive. In the meantime if anyone comes across the general orders for this regiment please shoot me a PM. I would love to see if this veteran is listed.

-Ryan

• 3 years later...

I honestly can't recall if I got his file or not. We moved, had a baby, etc and a lot of my files are still packed away. I know I still have the uniform but it is in storage right now. I will see if I can find his full name & serial number. I believe the last name was Lemon. 

-Ryan