Sign in to follow this  
Javelin4life

Army Mexican Service Medal number ID Help

Hey everyone,

I just picked up an Army Mexican Service Medal No. 8460. Would anyone be able to help with IDing the recipient? I had a great deal of success in research with my last Medal i asked for an ID on, and would greatly appreciate help to get this project started too. Thank you in advance!!

Looking for vintage Pre-WWII campaign miniature medals, shoot me a message if you've got any to spare!!

Also looking for these vintage miniatures:

Presidential Medal for Merit

Silver Lifesaving Medal

Gold Lifesaving Medal

NC-4 Medal (mini) And miniature version- FOUND!!

Byrd Antarctic Expedition Medal

Purple Heart- FOUND!!

No.8460 issued to "F. Brown PFC Company A, 17th Inf." according to Gleim Index.

RW

Rich Witt

www.WittWorldWide.com

We are currently working on Updating and Improving the Web Site, so please be patient, and I appreciate all the visits... In the short term this may effect our USMF Images as well. RW

Collecting and Dealing in Quality Original Militaria, Specializing in Named/Attributed/ID'd Medals and Groups, with an emphasis on research.

"Putting the Face to the Name". We Appreciate the Service and Sacrifice, and Preserve the History...

No.8460 issued to "F. Brown PFC Company A, 17th Inf." according to Gleim Index.

RW

Thank you very much!

Looking for vintage Pre-WWII campaign miniature medals, shoot me a message if you've got any to spare!!

Silver Lifesaving Medal

Gold Lifesaving Medal

Purple Heart- FOUND!!

Actually the rolls have him with "B" Battery - 6th Field Artillery

Bill

"The Americans on this Island are not ordinary troops, but Marines, a special force recruited from jails and insane asylums for blood lust." -Japanese Newspaper found during the Battle of Guadalcanal - "They Got That Right!!" Chesty Puller

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Actually Bill is correct, marked the line below it in haste.... Obviously wasn't intentional.

No. 8460: PFC F. Brown, Battery B, 6th Field Artillery

Rich Witt

www.WittWorldWide.com

We are currently working on Updating and Improving the Web Site, so please be patient, and I appreciate all the visits... In the short term this may effect our USMF Images as well. RW

Collecting and Dealing in Quality Original Militaria, Specializing in Named/Attributed/ID'd Medals and Groups, with an emphasis on research.

"Putting the Face to the Name". We Appreciate the Service and Sacrifice, and Preserve the History...

Note that it was Alex Arch with Battery "C" of the 6th that pulled the lanyard for the "First Shot" of the AEF in WWI

Bill

"The Americans on this Island are not ordinary troops, but Marines, a special force recruited from jails and insane asylums for blood lust." -Japanese Newspaper found during the Battle of Guadalcanal - "They Got That Right!!" Chesty Puller

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Very nice find! I have a Mexican Service Medal ID'd to. a Battery C man also.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36156-mexican-service-medal/?fromsearch=1

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Very nice find! I have a Mexican Service Medal ID'd to. a Battery C man also.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36156-mexican-service-medal/?fromsearch=1

Thats a beautiful example! Even more incredible that you got it directly from the vet himself!

Silver Lifesaving Medal

Gold Lifesaving Medal

Purple Heart- FOUND!!