07DEC41 USS Oklahoma, my grandpaws papers and more

P-59A

This is fantastic. I'm partial to the Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Stillwater. I own this original pre-1928 photo of the USS Oklahoma I found at a gun show. May I borrow your images for personal reference?

Yes Sir, you may.

Salvage Sailor

Excellent group,

Thanks for posting these items and the follow up on your Grandfathers service. This is an original USS OKLAHOMA Survivors Association patch from my collection.

"32 came back" was the theme of the reunions, commemorating the trapped crewmen rescued from inside the capsized battleship.

BB 37 USS OKLAHOMA 32 came back 001.jpg

BB 37 USS OKLAHOMA 32 came back 002.jpg

I have seen many, but not all of the photo's on the web site in Grandpas PHSA news letters. The photo's are much better quality than the news letter prints. Thank you for that link.

• 3 weeks later...

I missed this thread. It's a great tribute to your grandfather and in my opinion it should be moved over to the Grouping section in the forum. Thanks for posting, Gregg

I missed this thread. It's a great tribute to your grandfather and in my opinion it should be moved over to the Grouping section in the forum. Thanks for posting, Gregg

Thanks Gregg, I bought a scanner and will repost in groupings after I scan what I can.

• 3 years later...
collectsmedals

I like the way he used his dress uniform jumper as a backing for the medal and ribbon display. I have never seen that done before.

• 2 weeks later...
Kurt Barickman

Thanks TLeo for bringing this back up as I missed it too the first time around. Very nice USN group to an old salt for sure. Love the photo of him in his dungarees, dixie cup and the .45! Thanks for sharing your family legacy.

Kurt