A few new flags added this month

trenchrat1918

trenchrat1918

Hello, I've had a great month and have been able to add some high quality flags to the collection. In the last three weeks I've added a 4th Liberty Loan flag with a 2nd award, a nice big 10 star service banner, a WW2 service flag attributed to a WAC who served from 1944-1946, a Military Order of the Purple Heart chapter flag and a nice WW1 service flag with a Nov 6, 1917 patent date. The Military Order of the Purple Heart flag has been posted in the Veterans Org section. The Liberty loan flag came from the St Paul, Min area and is a pieced construction. The flag is quit faded both sides so I think it must have been flown outside. The flag also has a sewn star denoting an additional award.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

trenchrat1918

Hello, I've had a great month and have been able to add some high quality flags to the collection. In the last three weeks I've added a 4th Liberty Loan flag with a 2nd award, a nice big 10 star service banner, a WW2 service flag attributed to a WAC who served from 1944-1946, a Military Order of the Purple Heart chapter flag and a nice WW1 service flag with a Nov 6, 1917 patent date. The Military Order of the Purple Heart flag has been posted in the Veterans Org section. The Liberty loan flag came from the St Paul, Min area and is a pieced construction. The flag is quit faded both sides so I think it must have been flown outside. The flag also has a sewn star denoting an additional award.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Next is a nice WW2 era 10 star service flag. This is a single sided linen banner with sewn stars. Of interest is the lack of grommets, instead the holes have been sewn and whipped.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

trenchrat1918

Next is a nice WW2 era 10 star service flag. This is a single sided linen banner with sewn stars. Of interest is the lack of grommets, instead the holes have been sewn and whipped.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This little service flag is very common, this one however is attributed to a WAC from Belmont, NY. Catherine Codispoti (Manis) served from 1944-46 and was stationed at Fort Oglethorpe, GA and Fort Lewis, WA.Posted Image

trenchrat1918

This little service flag is very common, this one however is attributed to a WAC from Belmont, NY. Catherine Codispoti (Manis) served from 1944-46 and was stationed at Fort Oglethorpe, GA and Fort Lewis, WA.Posted Image

Last is the original service flag so to speak. This one star flag is made from a loosely woven linen. On the white edge are printed the banner measurements ( 10x18) and the patent date Nov 6, 1917.

trenchrat1918

Last is the original service flag so to speak. This one star flag is made from a loosely woven linen. On the white edge are printed the banner measurements ( 10x18) and the patent date Nov 6, 1917.

Pictures would be nice.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

trenchrat1918

Great flags each and every one!

It was a very good month and I only spent $120 for all of them including the Purple Heart chapter flag.

• 4 years later...