M38 FJ helmet

iron bender

I do have it, but not enough of a story to justify posting it here. Veteran brought it back, donated it to the base theater for school plays in the 60s or 70s, theater threw out a ton of old costumes in the 90s, one of the employees kept it because he thought it would be good camo for hunting and hung it in the closet, forgot about it for 20 years (never wearing it or altering it), and then sold it to me. Maybe some day I'll find a helmet and bandoleer and do a mannequin

USCapturephotos

Oh. Wow. That's still a great story Brig. I know of a third Reich personality piece that was donated by the US vet to a theater group and through a strange chain of events ended up in a famous collection. Well, if you feel like it someday, send me a pm with a pic of it as I would still love to see it. I was friends with a veteran from the 4th FJ Div and smocks, helmets, etc are always things that interest me but are way out of my budget. Thanks for responding.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Burning Hazard

Reminds me of this pic, captured FJ helmet by a 101st medic in Normandy after D-Day. Might still be in someones attic or foot locker.

post-8715-0-88263900-1515696621_thumb.jpg

USCapturephotos

Man... everybody seems to find an FJ helmet in the woodwork except for me! Hope my day will come sometime...

Love that photo from Critical Past!

Paul