M38 FJ helmet

iron bender

Luckiest guy ever, and there will be lots more to follow. This FJ helmet came back in 45 from an 87th Inf. 10th Div. guy. I've done a preliminary on the hill of paperwork he has and it appears he's a Kiska vet too, as there's lots of Japanese souvenirs also. More to follow in a couple weeks, but here's a fully vet provenance fj helmet. Proof untouched lots are still out there. Appears tropical camo but could be whitewash. Enjoy.

post-166807-0-99504400-1511843627_thumb.jpg

post-166807-0-40559900-1511843609_thumb.jpg

A couple more…I will follow up on another section in a week or two. This guy kept everything. Sadly his uniforms/gear are trashed. It was all stored wherever not well. His uniforms are trash, as is the bulk of his personals, but he kept an unbelievable 87th Regiment paperwork trail from Camp Hale, to Carson, to Swift, to Italy. It's gonna be incredible once I've got it documented. I'm probably going to ask for help on this one because it's intense...

post-166807-0-68112200-1511845157_thumb.jpg

post-166807-0-10100400-1511845177_thumb.jpg

Really cool find! Several years back I had a 70th Division vet mail me a camo version of one of these. It was packed in a box full of fishing lures from his lure company! So you are correct in saying that they are still out there! I had a vet leave a nice single decal M42 SS at my museum this year as well. Scott

USCapturephotos

My dream find! I keep hoping to find one of these with a strong GI connection that I can also afford. I know of one that was a true barn find this summer in eastern Pa. The buyer couldn't find any info on the person who had hung it in the barn and it was salty with a capital S. Congratulations. Let me know if you ever want to trade as I do have some good trade bait :)

Paul

Appreciate the nice comments guys. I'll be moving back into my house within the next few weeks and will do a complete detail on all pertinent info. It's really a spectacular lot. Jordan

So I've got a huge amount of stuff to go through. This cigarette case is almost the missing link I'm looking for putting this guy with the 87th from beginning to end. He had two brothers who served also, so I'm trying to discern what's his and what's brothers'. I'm fully convinced all stuff in these two boxes are his personal souvenirs and gear now….

post-166807-0-49301900-1511932302_thumb.jpg

post-166807-0-57498900-1511932331_thumb.jpg

For more information you may want to contact member TenA86 here on the forum.

as I understand it there is a lot of information on the 1oth at the Denver library.I recall an old topic and pulled this off one of the posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

I may be able to help. I sent Sepp a digital copy of the QM catalog, and may have more info in my files. Also contact Keli Schmid @ Denver Public Library, as she has copies of the Columbia Ice Fields equipment and uniform test reports. That my help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
USCapturephotos

Haha Brig I'm weeping fake tears for you! Oh man. Do you still have it? If so, do you mind sharing some pictures? Any info on the US Vet?

Paul