US WWI Victory Medal- Broken Spacers

gijoeonthego

Hi Everyone,

What is your opinion about VMs missing spacer on one side and intact on the other? Value? As long there is evidence, such as a box stamped or pack slip with the VM it really shouldn't matter? I appreciate the input.

I was referring to a Montdidier clasp with one side intact. Also, the soldier was in the 1st Division. His record states he was in all major conflicts that he was part in.

I have the original medal with MN AM SM MA DS Clasps on them. No box but pack slip in a small bag with the original spacer that broke off. The one side was manufactured very haphazardly and broke off.

I think the only person who can answer your question is you? Are you happy with the way your medal looks? If you are then put it in your collection and enjoy it. If you aren't happy with your medal's appearance, look around for a better example. They are not rare. Just remember that this medal will always be damaged and that damage will affect the its value if you ever want to sell it. I personally try not to buy medals that need repair or that are missing ribbons, brooches, or other pieces. I have never had much luck fixing them.

• 3 weeks later...