USN Pilot Over 200 Missions Over N. Vietnam

I drove over 25 miles to a garage sale this mourning that had some "military plaques" to my suprise i walked away with these beauties. LCDR E.A. Greathouse has over 200 missions over N. Vietnam. Even better he was there and i got to meet him. After talking to him for a couple of minutes he went inside and returned with a plaque that had his retired tailhook and asked me "how much?". Greathouse was a true gentleman and a great hero. I am glad i had the honor to meet him. In all i walked away with 13 plaques dating from 1968-79..enjoy..this is a wall mount over 3 feet long!

post-3204-1226185340.jpg

brandon_rss18

Yeah that tail hook plaque is really neat, also like the aircraft carrier one. Is the tail hook plaque for safe landings aboard a carrier or never missing the catch line?

Thanks for the comments..Ron he said he had some uniforms and patches along with a couple of boxes of memories (as he put it). I left him my card and he told me when he goes through it he will give me a call. thumbsup.gif Brandon the plaque reads 721 carrier arrested landings Day 521 and Night 200 then a list of carriers with the amount of landings per carrier.