Surprise When Saying Good Morning

Stony

I was out working in the front yard this morning when an older gentleman was walking by with his dog. I said "good morning" and he said the same. He asked me about the construction next door and we struck up a conversation about the neighborhood. He eventually tells me he served three tours in Vietnam in the Army and I asked what unit. He said PBRs and I said 458th? He was somewhat impressed that I knew that. I found out he lives right around the corner and said we could get together soon and he's tell me about his military career. He retired as a command Sgt. Major and his last assignment was in the Pentagon. I think it's going to be an interesting story.

Sometimes it pays to talk to strangers! As an aside, the Library of Congress is always looking to add interviews to its collection. If you search for Veteran's History Project, you should find some info. Good luck!

Sometimes it pays to talk to strangers! As an aside, the Library of Congress is always looking to add interviews to its collection. If you search for Veteran's History Project, you should find some info. Good luck!

My wife is a court reporter and we did an interview about 15 years ago of a pilot and co-pilot who flew B-17s in Europe. The article ended up in "Fly Past" with a subsequent follow up article.