USMC Named Fixed bail. Need Help Identifying Soldier

Pudgy (V)

I recently purchased this fixed bail EGA painted helmet and would like to find out who the soldier is. It appears the name is R. M ucker. I'm not sure there is a letter in between the "m" and the "u". I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank-you!!!

post-151853-0-11104900-1511450042_thumb.jpg

post-151853-0-49140000-1511450102_thumb.jpg

post-151853-0-05861000-1511450122_thumb.jpg

post-151853-0-66728800-1511450150_thumb.jpg

post-151853-0-03541400-1511450186_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would bump the topic to see if someone could look into a muster roll. It would be awesome to put some history with the helmet.

Thanks again!!!

Dave

stealthytyler

I did a quick look for you in the musters. If his last name is Tucker, I found the below names listed during WWII and Korean War eras.

Ralph M

Roy M

Russell M

Ray M

Robert M

Roger M

Raymond M

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Hard you tried adjusting the colors in a photo editing program or using night vision to try and make put the name?

stealthytyler

I'm not a marine guy but didn't they mark helmets with EGA after WWII? Maybe that can help narrow it down to a Korean War vet? I may be wrong though.

I'm not a marine guy but didn't they mark helmets with EGA after WWII? Maybe that can help narrow it down to a Korean War vet? I may be wrong though.

I believe you are correct , the EGA is a Korean War thing and was used even in Vietnam. There are reports of it being used late ww2 but no solid evidence as Ive seen.

If I was going to guess I would say Korean War era helmet set , super nice

I like the picture, thanks King802. It is a fixed bail, and it doesn't look to be repainted. I'm leaning more towards WWII.

I agree prob WW2...i think the guys are confusing ega's on helmet covers facts and theories with actual steel helmets.....mike

I agree I was confusing it with the covers

Do you have a date on this photo? How do you know its WWII? Thanks

1st pattern Hawley Liner with fixed bail Helmet , helmet has early brass fittings.

He is also wearing a p41 jacket

stealthytyler

1st pattern Hawley Liner with fixed bail Helmet , helmet has early brass fittings.

He is also wearing a p41 jacket

The USMC never wore these items post WWII? Just was curious if there was a date on the photo to help us out here. Thanks

The USMC never wore these items post WWII? Just was curious if there was a date on the photo to help us out here. Thanks

I would say WWII due to the hawley liner. Low pressure and fiber liners were deemed not suitable for combat. So them being issued post war to combat troops is highly unlikely.

The helmet in question could also be a photo helmet, meaning the helmet was passed along for photos, and is not that Marines personal duty helmet.

Seems it is rare, thanks for the post king802. My helmet has a name on the outside of the shell, doesn't seem like it would have been something that was passed around. The name would have been visible in a picture. The helmet looks like it was used in combat as you can see from the pictures.

Seems it is rare, thanks for the post king802. My helmet has a name on the outside of the shell, doesn't seem like it would have been something that was passed around. The name would have been visible in a picture. The helmet looks like it was used in combat as you can see from the pictures.

I was not suggesting yours was a helmet used for photos. I was referring to the photo.