Keep Them with Love like I’ve Done

WAHOOMAN

As we celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow, many of us will be grateful for the blessings that have been bestowed upon us. We will also celebrate the fellowship of friends and family. So this evening I would to remember and honor 2nd Lt Charles Herbert Kreiling. He was born on May 25, 1918, near Terrell, Texas.

He attended Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas where he graduated in 1938. Upon graduation from high school he attended the University of Texas at Austin. During WWII he left the University and joined the US Army Air force where he trained as a bombardier.

He died while on a training mission on board a B-26C Marauder #41-35067, on October 8, 1943. 2Lt Kreiling was assigned to the 391st Bomb group, 573rd Bomb Squadron in Godman Field, Kentucky. The aircraft crashed near Evans Landing, Indiana (source: Aviation Safety Network.net).

​Charles' personal items were kept in a small box. The writing on the lid was written by his mother, Sadie Lochhead.

post-96084-0-69560000-1511405981.jpg

These items belonging to Charles were kept by his mother with love. These precious items have now been passed to me and I am honored to be the new caretaker.

RIP Charles H. Kreiling May 1918 – October 1943

post-96084-0-22514500-1511408168.jpg

post-96084-0-19587300-1511408188.jpg

The trust that she placed in your hands came from the heart. It's apparent that the trust was well founded. Thanksgiving day is not only one to celebrate the bounty that has come our way, but to remember those no longer present to share with us. Jack

• 3 years later...