Award documents and citations 2 holes punched

peoplewhoknowme1

peoplewhoknowme1

Can anyone elaborate on award documents that have 2 holes punched at the top. Those would not have been originally given to the recipient they would have been put in their file correct? How would they have gotten them or the document been included with a medal group?

The original vet may have punched the holes and put them in a file. To some Soldiers its not that important to hang on the wall /display. My dad never did. I never saw any of his military paperwork during his 20 year service, he just filed it away.

I just looked at an aerial gunner grouping I have and his original documents in the file folder are two-hole punched at the top.

His specific Air Medal document is generic with a G.O., then it's typed with his name and hand signed by the Operations Officer as a A CERTIFIED TRUE COPY or EXTRACT COPY.

His Purple Heart document is completed the same way, but his name is underlined in red ink.

Whether service members hang on to the original documents is another story!

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

It's an organizational thing. File folders with metal retention system,two prongs with a hold down bar.Papers were secure and would not fall out of file. Flip boards also used the the two holes.Looks like a clip board with metal hoops.

• 4 weeks later...