WWII Grenade Launcher Pouch

AndrewA74

craig_pickrall

It was to carry the sight for the grenade launcher. I don't think they were very popular or used very often as there were many thousands of them in new condition on the surplus market for years.

Salvage Sailor

yep, grenade launcher sight case. I have a complete sight with mounting instructions in this case for the .30 Carbine

El Bibliotecario
yep, grenade launcher sight case. I have a complete sight with mounting instructions in this case for the .30 Carbine

...and the cleaning rod appears to be the M10 rod for the M1 rifle, the handle being a tool for removing the gas piston nut, also (I think??) for disassembling the bolt.

• 1 year later...
son of desertrat

Ok i have a question about this. I have one just like it but is this maker a common one? Why doesnt it have the commonly used "lift a dots"? And were can get a sight for the greanade launcher?

Thanks

Keenan

craig_pickrall

I have no idea on the maker.

There were several items that used snaps rather than LTD fasteners. The Jungle first Aid Kit is a good example.

I don't know about current availibility but for many years these were in every surplus store for $1 or $2 complete with the sight. They were usually new and still in the protective anti rust wrap.

The sights have been shown here before. Try doing a search for Grenade Launcher Sight. I would search the whole forum but it is probably in the Firearm Section.

son of desertrat

Thanks you! Im going to look and try to find one somewere. I may post a wanted ad.

Thanks

Keenan

Thanks you! Im going to look and try to find one somewere. I may post a wanted ad.

Thanks

Keenan

I have a couple of them Keenan. As it has been stated before in many threads, they were (are?) a dime a dozen almost and are still very easy to find at any gun show or on ebay for 5-10.00..

son of desertrat
I have a couple of them Keenan. As it has been stated before in many threads, they were (are?) a dime a dozen almost and are still very easy to find at any gun show or on ebay for 5-10.00..

Thanks! I dont have a ebay acount/paypal. In a few days/weeks ill post a wanted add for one.

Thanks

Keenan