Three new patch finds ATOMIC!

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Back from my daughter's wedding in Destin FL.

Had to get out of the house and explore. Took my Mom as she likes to go junking as well.

Found these three patches and MAJ GEN officers vehicle pennant.

Help ID'ing?

1. QUIDVIS RESTITUIMS, Depicts a yellow dragon(?) holding a F-86?

2. AF SPECIAL WEAPONS CENTER. Love this one showing a mushroom cloud. What base was this located.

3. ACA, Looks similiar to Central / South American AF. if forgein, please ID then ignore.

SIDE NOTE: Found separately, The MG pennant has no ID tag. Was labeled as USMC, but with white stars, wouldn't that make it Army?

post-9131-0-63578800-1511211296_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

Well, that would make sense! Since I found it in Ft. Walton, which is in Florida and the home state of Macdill AFB.

Patchcollector

Nice finds.Ft Walton is much closer to Hurlburt Field AFB which has an AF Special Ops background,so I would guess that the tie in would probably be there instead of MacDill.

Top left -1. QUIDVIS RESTITUIMS is the 18th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Kadena AB

Most likely the 18th Field Maint. Sq. When they became the 18th EMS they added an 18th EMS tab to the top. Of course there would have probably been some usage of the FMS version into the EMS era, so this is generally speaking. The 18th EMS also used a cobra design for several years. Your AFSWC patch was based at Kirtland AFB, NM. It was around from 52-76.

Randy

easterneagle87

I knew there was another AFB in that area, but couldn't remember! Thanks! Some where around that area is American Legion or an organization like that, that the sign read, Air Commando Chapter, I thin k. So this fits perfectly.

Design and construction of the Special Weapons patch has got to be mid to late 1950's into early 1960's. Got to love the true Cold Wart stuff.

Great info on the vehicle pennant. All is much appreciated.

Patchcollector

Yes Hurlburt is known as the AF "Special Ops" Base and has a rich Air Commando heritage.When I was in,a fellow from my unit told me that when he was stationed at Hurlburt once they woke him in the middle of the night,piled some people on a plane,took off,landed,did'nt get off,came back and never did tell him where he went.He thought it might have been Central America.He loved that base with the Gunships and those white "sugar" sand beaches that area is famous for.

That Special Weapons patch is one of my favorites,made back in the day when the AF had some great designs,rivaling the Navy.They just don't make them like that anymore IMO!