WWI Aviators photo identification needed

I found this photograph among my grandmother's old things. From the look of the plane in the background (somewhat Wright Flyer-ish), and the uniforms, it would have to be near the turn of the century. Can anyone help me identify when and where this might have been taken, and the individuals pictured?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen Lignowski

post-174096-0-45051700-1511146856_thumb.jpg

I believe the plane you have in the picture is a Curtiss NC-4 whose first flight was 30 Apr 1919.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtiss_NC-4

In May 1919, the NC-4 became the first aircraft to fly across the Atlantic Ocean, starting in New York State and making the crossing as far as Lisbon, Portugal, in 19 days.

NOTE: I think the picture you have is taken from that very same day before the departure of the first transatlantic flight.

Crews of the NC-4, NC-3 and NC-1 immediately before the departure of the first transatlantic flight

s1.jpg

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

NC-4 was restored by the Smithsonian Institution during the early 1960s and remains a part of its collection, though it is on long term loan to the Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, Florida.

s2.jpg

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.