Hello from NW Tennessee

lee barner

a friend from GA told me about this forum as he knew I collected a few things WWII, primarily Victory model revolvers and 1911A1s. i'm a retired AF MSgt with 21 years service from 1969-1990. proud 90% disabled Viet Nam veteran. I hope to make new friends here as I have on the Smith-Wesson forum. Lee

Welcome! I just joined today too. I'm in AZ, but lived in Nashville when I met my Hubby and our two children were born in beautiful Tullahoma, TN. What a cool thing to collect. I'm a former AF SP (1980's) and I do have a Smith & Wesson K-38 Revolver Model 15 that my son gave me for my birthday a few years back. That is the weapon I carried when I was in the AF and I love shooting it again now, feels like an old friend!

My oldest brother served in Viet Nam as an Army Helicopter Mechanic for 2 tours. Sadly he passed away a few years ago in an accident. With Christmas coming up I was thinking of him and his Nam years just yesterday. He was 11 years older than me and he was due back home from his tour of duty in Early January. My parents decided to leave up the Christmas tree with all of his presents under the tree for his return. The day came and went. Weeks went by with no word from him. My parents were so worried. They finally contacted the Red Cross in hopes of finding out what happened to him. He finally contacted them - turns out the night before he was due to leave country his Sgt. took him and another short timer out for drinks and talked them both into signing up for another tour of duty. He was so upset about what happened and how of course our parents would react, that he didn't call and tell them. Yowsers what a time. Happily, he did come home the next year!

Sue

Welcome from E. TN! We have been known to have a few Victory Model Revolvers around the house, also.

If you are close to Nashville, be sure to some over to the TMCA Military Show this week in Franklin. This Fri and Sat. Google the website and may see you there.

Steve