Newbie from Sun City, AZ - Info. Seeker

onereader

Hi everyone,

I live in a senior community in the Phoenix, AZ area. My sister and I scour area estate sales and garage sales weekly for cool stuff and both sell vintage items online to help pay the bills. I served in the USAF in the 1980's as SP-LE - Security Police / Law Enforcement and was stationed in TX, Hickam AFB, HI & Shaw AFB, SC. Loved it and only got out when baby #2 was on the way and hubby was in another state. My dad served in the Pacific during WW2 as a Marine and that started my interest in the military and that era. My brother was a helicopter mechanic in 'Nam.

I often am drawn to militaria when at the estate sales and then have a hard time researching the item. This weekend I held a garage sale to clear out clutter from my house and pulled down a bin I had in storage in the garage. I set it aside as it was stuff I collected 20-30 years ago and just tucked away through various moves and hadn't had time to go through it. I opened it up today and the most interesting item in the bin is a fabulous leather squadron patch featuring a duck (Donald) storming out of an outhouse that has been struck by lightning. I really don't remember when or how I acquired it! My research led me to a group discussion here and I thought this would be a great forum for me to be a part of. I hope you don't mind sharing your expertise with this newbie! Looks like the patch is from the 17th TCS from WW2 - too cool!

I look forward to exploring the forum and maybe I can even help out a few of you along the way too with information I've picked up over the years!

Sue

• 2 months later...