Question? Are there WW2 ship patches

mortaydc60

Have a question for the forum. Are there WW2 ship patches? Have seen PTboat patches but not aware of other ship patches. Have seen squadron ship patches for carriers but usually see from 50's and later and cruise patches. If PT boat could be only ones that exist that maybe a great little area to collect and seems under appreciated and undervalued.

The Jul-Sept 2000 Trading Post has a cover story (pg 35) about a pre-WW II (1940) USS Pennsyvania wolverine patch. Unk if it was worn into WW II.

Thanks,Dave for the information. It appears that except for PT Boat patches there were no ship patches during WW2 that were routine for normal wear. This could be a very fertile area to collect.

Patchcollector

I seem to recall that the PT Boat patches have been discussed before,but can't find the thread(s).

Are there any Wartime photos of the PT Boat patches being worn,or any documentation that they were made and worn during WW2?

Patchcollector

battleship cove in fall river mass has a large collection of pt memorabilia and quite a few pt patches

Are the patches documented to have been made and worn during the War?

I ask because many exhibits(and even some Museums) will use patches that were not from the era in their displays.

battleship cove in fall river mass has a large collection of pt memorabilia and quite a few pt patches

If I remember right I think it is somewhere on the USS Massachusetts, awesome tour,