• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Yes, certainly, but very hard to rebuild a type 92 barrel without plans.

Very Nice display.

A discarded Japanese bayonet and canteen on the ground would convey the theme as well.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I can only echo what others already said: absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see your other 1/1 dioramas.

Rene

Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.

Churchill

Keep buggering on.

This is top-notch! Museum quality work and idea.

I am going to pin this thread so others will see it.

If you could, would you mind telling us a little more about what materials you used, and any techniques you found worked best?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

If you could, would you mind telling us a little more about what materials you used, and any techniques you found worked best?

Hi

I always try to build a diorama as cheap as I can. I only buy scews ans paper glue ( less than 20 USD for this one ).

I have use olds wardrobe panels for the stand. The tree trunk, find in forest, is cut in several sections and fixed on the stand with screws and steel brakets.

For the front, I use expanded polystyren found in packaging, that are covered with plaster and old remaining paint.

The sand, pebbles and dry grass are found in near fields from my home. All of this is fixed at the front with a thick layer of glue.

Hope this can help you .

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you! You have done a fantastic effort and made an excellent diorama; it is worthy of a museum.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif