Robin Ray

Forum Manager

He was a colorful guy who seemed to mean what he said and vice versa. I was sorry to see when he no longer posted here and I'm saddened to hear he has passed away. Peaceful eternity to him and condolences to his family on their loss.

Brian Dentino

I am heartbroken to read this sad news! Robin was a friend, both here and in the "Real World" to me. I will truly miss our phone conversations. I pray for peace and comfort for T and his son during this time of loss. I will miss our phone conversations about collecting, but more importantly about life and its happenings. He will be truly missed!

RIP Robin (Jacks Son).

I spent the last week of Robin's life with him, his wife “T”, Son Ken, and best friend of 50 years Steve.
He remained, good humored, fun, and irreverent to the end.
He loved the collecting community, made many friends, and often baffled those who didn't understand or appreciate his wonderful sense of humor.
His contributions to the collecting world, friends, family, and community, will not soon be forgotten.
It was a privilege to have known him, a treasure to have called him my friend, and a blessing to have spent his last days beside him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Robin,

Was a dear Friend who won't be soon forgotten. He and I traded back and forth but more importantly shared in one another's lives, really shared. He was hard as nails and soft as smoke, his was reserved and irreverent and I loved him as a brother and a father, I miss him everyday.

Dwight

• 3 months later...

It's been a year, and my wife and i just spent the week with Robin's widow, sharing stories, tears and hugs.

Wonderful thing to do and Im sure his widow finds comfort in having such great friends

• 2 months later...

I just acquired a large chunk of Robin's collection and will be posting them over the next week or so.

People say you have to walk a mile in another man's shoes to truly understand him; funny thing is Robin's Wife just gave me all of his old cowboy boots (i'm 5'10" he was 6'3") it's amazing we wore the same size. I'm confident i would wear them out and never really understand the man. I love and miss you Brother.

• 8 months later...

Just found this. Sad to hear. We had a few dealings and exchanged messages. Life is too short.

Amen, it’s coming up on two years and I still find myself wanting to call him and share things, tell jokes and get his council.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Three years lost but not forgotten.

A hot air balloon ride over Sedona this morning in celebration of his life.  He loved those rides and he loved Sedona.