Robin Ray

Forum Manager

Forum Manager

It has been brought to our attention that Robin Ray passed away last week for a long term illness.

Robin, who was Jack's Son here on USMF, was a very advanced collector and many here consider him a friend. He was a member here for a long time and his posts were always very interesting.

Rest In Peace Robin.

What??? Good golly...that's shocking to hear! I really did enjoy spending time with him in person, he was quite a character!

Privately, I got along great with Robin. He emailed me every couple months also to touch base. This is indeed sad news.

Shame

I liked Robin

He was always fun to read

Met him several times at shows and he was always ok to have a chat with

Seen him last at the asmic show in San Diego several years ago

Will be missed by many

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to hear. I know he hasn't been active much lately but didn't know he was sick. He'd sent me some 7th AF B-24 noseart photos one time and wouldn't even let me pay shipping. A good guy. RIP

Saddened to hear of the passing of a legacy in the collecting field.. I had the pleasure of talking to Robin on the phone for a few hours once, talking about the process to get NARA records. He set me in the right direction and I will forever be grateful for his willingness to pass his knowledge and expertise onto others..

May his family rest in the assurance that he is no longer in pain or suffering, he is looking down on us all smiling and we can look forward to seeing Robin again when we join up in Heaven.

May God Bless and keep Robin's wife and son comforted in knowing that Robin is in peace..

Leigh

Sorry to hear of Robins passing.My condolences to his family I enjoyed his posts and had some transactions with him and found him to be an very likable person.

Mark

Sad to hear this heartbreaking news.

Robin and Ian started a different forum over at Allied Militaria Forum and were active over there. Robin was a lively and humorous collector and will be greatly missed.

RIP and prayers sent to his family.

Chris

As Mister Sinatra sang, he did it his way, and had great fun along the way. Devil or angel, he's holding court somewhere different now.