While searching a week or two ago for . . . something that I can't remember . . . I saw a photo of a medal, that looked like an American medal, that had Ronald Reagan on the front. I think it said Commander in Chief as well, but can't quite remember. I didn't mark where I saw it, because I was looking for something else. However, it has stuck in my mind for ages, and now is something I'd like to find. Does anyone know what this medal was/is? Thanks!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

That's it! :D A question . . . being a commemorative, is this issued or do you just buy it for the pure coolness of it? Or what? I'm curious! Can you only buy these from Medals of America?

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

That's it! :D A question . . . being a commemorative, is this issued or do you just buy it for the pure coolness of it? Or what? I'm curious! Can you only buy these from Medals of America?

Not issued. Purchased at the whim of anyone who desires a chest full of ribbons or medals. They are made for just about every circumstance of service imaginable. There are several firms making or marketing these things besides Medals of America.

Not issued. Purchased at the whim of anyone who desires a chest full of ribbons or medals. They are made for just about every circumstance of service imaginable. There are several firms making or marketing these things besides Medals of America.

They have so many medals that they have medals to commemorate medals and ribbons that you already have. Next up? Medals to commemorate the commemoratives. I wonder if they will create medals for those who had a fleeting thought about serving.

I do not profess to be a militaria expert, but I conduct as much research as I am capable of and then write about my findings.
Check out my blogs, The Veteran's Collection (general militaria) and Chevrons and Diamonds (military baseball)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

They have so many medals that they have medals to commemorate medals and ribbons that you already have. Next up? Medals to commemorate the commemoratives. I wonder if they will create medals for those who had a fleeting thought about serving.

LmAo!!, especially your last statement.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098