Just joined, this weekend

44-63963

Hello, I collect WWI and WWII aviation but have in my years got a little it seems of everything. Can not wait to meet other aviation collectors to talk about the same interests. I hope there are a lot of collectors who like P47 aircrafts. Looking forward to meeting new collectors and I hope the person under the name of Chuck Yeager contacts me. Chuck has a great P47 display. I will buy, sell or trade to add to my aviation collection. Hope to talk with you all. Thanks Gerard.

Backtheattack

Hello Gerard, welcome to the forum. Where do you come from? Think you could find what you are searching for here in this great forum!

Hello Gerard, welcome to the forum. Where do you come from? Think you could find what you are searching for here in this great forum!

Hello Backtheattack. Good to hear from you. I live in Wisconsin, USA. What do you collect? Being that you live in Germany do you have the chance ever to search for WWII aircraft crash sites? Or do you know anyone in your area who does? If you tell me what you collect maybe I can help you. Do you have any original WWII photographs of aircrafts? Was nice to hear from you. Thank you for the welcome. Gerard

Backtheattack

Gerard, my special interest is the 83rd division in World War II, and here mostly the 330th Regiment because I own uniforms and equipment of a veteran of this unit, and whenever my father talked about the first month after the war in his hometown and his experience with the GI`s there, he talked about this Division. To answer your question, years ago they found a wrecked ME110 near Hof, have some parts in my collection, together with the records of this plane`s last flight, and pics from the parts found. There is an interesting museum at Kovarska, Czech Republik, dealing with an air-battle there, a lot of relics they dig out in the museum.